Incentives for Accredited Texas Bred horses:
1. Accredited TX bred horses are eligible for more races in Texas, giving you more opportunities to visit the winner’s circle
2. All accredited TX bred quarter horses that finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in a race in Texas are eligible to receive Owner, Breeder & Stallion Owner Awards (Stakes races restricted to accredited TX breds not included)
3. All accredited TX bred yearlings are eligible for consignment to the TQHA Yearling Sale, which is held in San Antonio, TX the last weekend of July
4. All accredited TX bred yearlings that are sold at the TQHA Yearling Sale are eligible to enter the TQHA Yearling Sale Futurity
5. TQHA members’ accredited TX bred horses are eligible for year-end awards, presented annually during the TQHA Awards Banquet
Approximately $1 million is distributed yearly through the Accredited Texas Bred Awards Program.
According to the Texas Racing Act, on every racing day, an association (track) shall provide for the running of at least two races limited to Accredited Texas-Bred horses, one of which shall be restricted to maidens.
The TQHA Racing Department thanks you for your continued interest
& support of the Accredited Texas Bred Program!