2019 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR END AWARD WINNERS!
TQHA approved shows in Texas also referred to as Horse Show Series.
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGH POINT AWARDS
2020 – PROGRAM & RULES:
1. Owners and exhibitors must be current member of Texas Quarter Horse Association or the Texas Quarter Horse Youth Association to be eligible for all State Championship High Point Awards.
2. Point counting period for all state championship programs will run from December 1, 2019 – November 30, 2020
3. Points will be counted on a retro-active basis if membership of the owner is paid by March 31st. Thereafter, only points starting from the date membership is received by TQHA will be used.
4. Points will be earned at all TQHA Horse Show Series Shows approved shows. Shows must meet criteria to be a TQHA Horse Show Series Approved Show. A listing of these shows can be found on www.tqha.com
5. In the event of a tie, the horse shown in the greatest number of TQHA Horse Show Series approved shows in that event will be declared the winner.
6. TQHA will follow AQHA show rules. Points will be tabulated from AQHA show records submitted by each approved show.
7. Unless deemed necessary, changes and modifications to the State Championship High Point Awards program and rules will only be allowed at the annual meeting and convention.
|Points Per Place|
|# Horses in class||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place||6th Place||7th Place||8th Place||9th Place|
|9 & over||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2||1|
Example: A horse placing 2nd in a class of 10 entries will receive 8 TQHA points.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AWARDS:
1. A minimum of thirty-five (35) total points are needed to qualify for any year-end champion and reserve champion awards in each class or division if the class is offered a minimum of five (5) times during the point counting year.
2. A minimum of sixteen (16) total points are needed to qualify for any year-end champion and reserve champion awards in each class or division if the class is offered four (4) times or less during the point counting year.
1. All classes count for awards
2. Awards will be given in each approved and qualified class
3. Awards will be selected by State Championship Committee
4. Additional awards and special recognition awards may be added to the program if such conditions arise which merit special awards. Recommendations shall come from the State Championship Committee & will be presented to the TQHA Halter & Performance committee. If approved, they will be forwarded to TQHA Board of Directors for final approval.
Congratulations – 2018 State Champion YEAR END AWARD WINNERS:
These awards were presented at the 2019 TQHA Annual meeting Banquet on January 26th. We are working on posting award pictures! For a list of the 2018 class standings click here.